Going for Gold!
Current Front Man has finally found some time to finish sorting the Gold Badge ordering out so Gold Badges can now be ordered. There is an element of validation required, as per previous years, so please be patient with us whilst your entitlement is confirmed, and your Gold badge is sent to you.
2022 Damboree Gold Badge
The 2022 Gold Badge is for leaders who meet the badge criteria set out on the Badge Requirements Tab.
We’ve had some issues technically, this has led to us losing sight a bit of Blue stock levels. A replenishment order has been placed, we’re anticipating a delivery in 3-4 weeks. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause. If you have an order that’s outstanding at the moment and would like a refund for blues until stock arrives, email [email protected] and we’ll get that sorted out.
We’ve had to run a tighter ship this year in terms of order quantities as due to Covid landing just after our 2020 bulk order arrived we’re stuck with a large number of badges….However we’ve got plans for those coming soon….
Squirrel’s Damboree Red Badges
We’re delighted to offer a lightweight Damboree Red badge for Squirrel members with some interim criteria until we learn the outcome of the Nights Away trials. The Red Badge criteria are just below, we hope those Dreys who have Group Camps will be invited along to participate in the events and start that love of camping, which is a core part of the Scouting experience.
Red Badge Criteria
Complete 2 OPTIONS & all of the ESSENTIALS section
– [ ] Help put up a tent
– [ ] Collect wood and help build a fire
– [ ] Tie a knot
– [ ] Cook on a fire (e.g. twists or s’mores)
– [ ] Find out how Squirrels live in the wild
– [ ] Start your own camp blanket
– [ ] Take part in a brand new adventurous activity with your Drey
ESSENTIALS – Do ALL of these
– [ ] Visit a Beaver, Cub, Scout or Group Camp
We have a Damboree Facebook Group for Squirrels: www.facebook.com/groups/damboreesquirrels/
A Little Something for Explorers
We’ve long looked at whether we should be offering a Damboree something for Explorers, our thinking was more geared towards Young Leaders and the Silver badges. However we’re going to trial some badge criteria for the rest of the year, and see if there is interest in making it a permanent addition to the Damboree programme, or tweaking the criteria to make it more challenging, feedback as always is appreciated.
Navy Badge Requirements
Take a role within a Camp Leadership Team for a camp of 2 nights or longer, that involves at least twelve people (2 Patrols).
During the camp, discuss all aspects of the camp with the Leader / Permit Holder before the start of the event.
Complete 3 OPTIONS & all of the ESSENTIALS section
– [ ] Manage the budget for the camp
– [ ] Choose the campsite & organise the pitching of the campsite
– [ ] Make sure all necessary equipment is organised
– [ ] Plan a menu and organise the shopping, ensuring that camp hygiene standards are met
– [ ] Make sure that all equipment is stored correctly during the camp. After the camp ensure all kit is away properly and ready for use next time
– [ ] Plan a cooking and cleaning rota
– [ ] Take the lead in running a Campfire or other entertainment, including laying and tending to the fire and ensuring it is well controlled
– [ ] Organise the striking of camp and make sure the site is left as they would wish to find it
– [ ] Successfully be issued a Nights Away Passport
– [ ] Invite one of the Damboree Active Support Unit, District Explorer Scout Commissioner, District Nights Away Adviser (UK), or relevant equivalent Commissioner from your Scouting organisation, to your event
ESSENTIALS – Do ALL of these
– [ ] Sleep 2+ nights as part of a Section, Unit, District or larger event or on a Nights Away Event Passport
– [ ] During the camp build a pioneering project free standing Damboree sign or camp gateway using pioneering skills and materials
– [ ] Post pictures, or it didn’t happen, to Facebook using our hashtags
We have a Damboree Facebook Group for Explorers: www.facebook.com/groups/damboreeexplorers/
Occasional Badge Approvals
So far we’ve had confirmed approvals to wear Damboree Badges from the following Counties, if your County isn’t there, please use our form to ask their permissions.
|England, East of England, Suffolk|
|England, South East, Hampshire|
|England, East of England, Essex|
|England, South East, Kent|
|England, North West, Cumbria|
|England, South West, Wiltshire|
|England, East Midlands, Lincolnshire|
|England, South East, Buckinghamshire|
Form to send to relevent commissioners to request permission to wear Damboree Badges in the Occasional Badge area of uniforms.