Gold Badge Requirements (Scout Association (UK & BSO))

You are here:
← All Topics

Complete 1 of the below:
– [ ]  Succeed in achieving your first Campsite or Greenfield Nights Away Permit as part of a Damboree event, must be registered in the Damboree site in advance.
– [ ]  Answer the Nights Away Advisers call and assess someone for their Campsite Permit as part of your validation, where their event is a Damboree Event, must be registered in advance of the assessment.

It is not expected that you would get a permit, and become an Nights Away Adviser in the same Damboree cycle.

Upgrades from Campsite to Greenfield are not eligible for Gold, as you could already camp in tents.

Updated for 2020 Cycle, Gold badges are now available to all Scouting adults who go for their Nights Away Permit as part of the Damboree Initiative, your event MUST be registered before the assessment date.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
Would you like to comment or contribute ?

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.