During 2021 there was a number of Nights Away Experience trials held within the Squirrels programme, and whilst the feedback has been broadly positive we await the decision on whether Squirrels will be able to enjoy the Nights Away element of Scouting.
We’ve had a number of requests to include Squirrels within Damboree as many Groups & Districts are organising Damboree events and are inviting Squirrels along for the day to to learn about and experience camp life, which is something we are very keen on, as you can imagine.
On that basis we have designed some interim badge criteria to support that. The criteria are subject to change pending the formal outcome of the trials, which we very much hope will be in support #SquirrelsinTents. These badges are available from our online store.
Red Badge Criteria
Complete 2 OPTIONS & all of the ESSENTIALS section
– [ ] Help put up a tent
– [ ] Collect wood and help build a fire
– [ ] Tie a knot
– [ ] Cook on a fire (e.g. twists or s’mores)
– [ ] Find out how Squirrels live in the wild
– [ ] Start your own camp blanket
– [ ] Take part in a brand new adventurous activity with your Drey
ESSENTIALS – Do ALL of these
– [ ] Visit a Beaver, Cub, Scout or Group Camp
2022 Damboree Red Badge
Damboree Red badge for Squirrel aged young people (4-6yrs).
- June News!Going for Gold! Current Front Man has finally found some time to finish sorting the Gold Badge ordering out so Gold Badges can now be ordered. There is an element of validation required, as per previous years, so please be patient with us whilst your entitlement is confirmed, and your Gold badge is sent to…
- Badge Pre-Orders OpenIt is with great excitement we’re able to say we’ve placed the order for the new badges with our supplier. Delivery is anticipated to be 3-4 weeks, so we’ve changed the status of the badges from Waiting List to Pre-Order. Current anticipated shipping week would be around the 4-11th of April, hopefully in time for…
- Launch of Damboree 2022!The news a number of you have been waiting for, judging by the heart-warming responses we’ve seen to the posting of the 2022 badge designs on our Facebook groups. Thank you! Having been in camping lockdown off-n-on for the last 2 years, there will have been a significant loss of camping experience, learning of the…
- Everyone In Tents 2022? – hopefully including SquirrelsDamboree grew out of the drive to ensure Beavers, and Beaver Leaders, could camp. Over 15,000 participants later and over 200+ newly permitted leaders have enjoyed the activity that makes us Scouts. Camping in Scouting is special. Our traditions, our skills, our songs, our enjoyment of the outdoors is key to who we are and…
- Grass Roots Fund: August UpdateThanks to all those who have bought badges from us since the 29th April. The Grass Roots Fund, which now stands at £600 will continue to be added to by further badge sales, and our auction/raffle for sets, including Golds, later in the year. Whilst the Thermometer says 12%, we’re not aiming for anything specific…
- Damboree & Grass Roots SurvivalWith Coronavirus likely to prevent #EveryoneInTents for the rest of 2020, the Damboree Team has taken the decision to suspend Damboree for the 2020 cycle. We’ll be back for 2021 when the recommendations allow camping on a campsite, that requires a campsite permit, and all the wonderful things that a Section/Group camp infuses into a…